Saturday 15 July 2017

I am Equipped 2 Timothy 2:16-17 by Susan L.

  "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." NKJ
  "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." JCB

  Yet the devil has a way of taking God's Word and twisting the truth so we end up far removed from the love of God that pervades every single page. When God's Word is used as a licence to hate, to oppress, to control, to bully, it must make Him so sad. There have been many terrible wrongs done in the name of God based on an incorrect understanding of Scriptures. In many churches, these wrongs continue. It isn't a history thing but sadly, is alive and well today regardless of denomination.
  I've heard many people malign Christians because of it. I was one of them myself not so long ago. The Dalai Lama commented, "I like your Christ, I don't like Christians."
  How did we get so far off track? How do we get back on track to live in the rich inheritance Jesus has given us?
  The Lord saw fit for man to invent the printing press then the internet. The Bible has been translated into countless languages. There are more Bibles accessible to more people than at any other time in history. Is this a dangerous thing? Some say it is. Why do they say that?
  Which takes me back to the first paragraph.

  How do we, as individuals, discern whether our own or another's interpretation of Scriptures is right?
  I have a feeling this is a question many a Bible scholar has asked themselves. I am not a Bible scholar by any means but that's okay because Jesus's message is a simple one.
  "So now I (Jesus) am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." Mat 13:34-35 JCB
 
  Lord, I seek to live a live of unadulterated, purest love. It's something I fail at regularly. Forgive me when I fall. I ask that You open the eyes of my heart to see the Love in every syllable of Your word. Help it become an integral part of my every day, not just in the morning's blog. Equip me to love others better, to do no harm. In Jesus' name I pray.
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...