Tuesday 18 July 2017

I am Established, Deuteronomy 28:6 by Susan L.

  "The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just has He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways." NKJ
  "If you obey the command of the Lord your God and walk in his ways, the Lord will establish you as his holy people as he swore he would do." JCB

  I think of businesses like the one I bought my refurbished laptop from. The venue was risky: a flea market up the road open every weekend that's full of vendors selling all sorts of things. Buying a laptop from a place that's rather transient when it comes to vendors took some serious thinking. Were they trustworthy?
  The young man assured me they also had a main store elsewhere that was open seven days a week if I had any problems. He also gave me a business card with the owner's home address and phone number! That's one thing most business owners never do.
  He went on to tell me how long they'd been in business, and about product guarantees and so forth.
  It was an established business. Knowing these things helped me be willing to buy a used, basic, inexpensive, laptop that saved spending several hundred dollars. She ain't pretty but gets the job done. That was roughly four years ago.
  I hadn't been to the market for a long time but a couple of weeks ago went to wander around. The computer company is still there selling new and used computers. It will be the first place I'll go  when the time comes to replace my laptop.
  How does this tie in to being established in Christ, established as holy people? It means trusting and being trustworthy. It means His ways become our ways. It means life comes with a guarantee that He will always be there. It means even if we wander away, He'll be waiting for us to come back. He doesn't leave.
 
  The next little while, or maybe long while, is going to be challenging. An elderly relative with no family of his own has cancer. The prognosis isn't good. As much as I'd like to become his primary care giver, to live with him, I know it's beyond my abilities. I can spend as much time with him as possible taking him to appointments or preparing easily accessible meals and snacks.
  Right now, the task at hand is to set up some sort of daily home care until he can be placed in a long term care facility. The waiting lists are long. 
  I will continue to help empty the house of the bric-a-brac that gathers when a person has lived in the same place for over forty years. There's not much left to do in that regard until we get him settled somewhere.
  I am thankful for my faith, that I know, without a doubt, what is needed will fall into place perfectly. I am thankful that He will give me strength to do what is needed. I am thankful for the faith that the Lord will keep me alert and safe on the long drives there and back. I am thankful that everything is in the palm of His hands.

  It means the blog will be rather sporadic. So, dear readers, thank you for your grace. I'll also ask for prayers for my uncle and all those involved in helping him through this transition. Thank you.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...