Saturday 12 August 2017

Filled to the Brim by Susan L.

  I am filled to the fullness of God. Colossians 2:9-10
  "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily: and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." NKJV
  "For Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you are also complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority." JCB

  Only, how come it doesn't feel like it? What is stopping me from walking in this most wonderful truth?

  (Long pause.)

  (An even longer pause as I lift up the current events in my life to the Lord.)

  I am starving for connection to the One who raises me up, Who sustains me in trials and in good times, too.
  I need to include worship music in my day.
  Missing blog posts isn't good either. Missing a daily affirmation isn't good. It leaves me vulnerable to the one whose sole purpose is to suck life and joy from us. Somehow, I need to include blogs in my day even if it isn't in the morning. Lord, I ask for opportunities to do just that, to have the time to explore Your Word, Your truths, Your revelations.
  This is even more important because my church attendance will be sporadic as events I have no control over unfold. I'll be missing a lot of fellowship with my small group as well once it starts up in September.
  To be filled is to surrender. All the time. In all things.
  Lord, help my day be filled with prayer and a dialogue with You. Help me see Your hand in things as they unfold.
  I will abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will take refuge under His wings.
  In Jesus most precious name.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...