Thursday 21 September 2017

#117 Romans 8:31 by Susan L.

  I know God is for me.

  "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" NKJV
  "What shall we say about such wonderful things? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" JCB

  It means the enemy of our souls is already defeated.
 
  It means that strongholds will fall. It means ungodly beliefs will crumble to dust. It means the mortar of lies will crack and fail.
  It means we have sanctuary under His wings. (Psalm 91)
  God's feathers are stronger than a Kevlar vest, a tank or a battleship.
  I have to smile here because I can't help but think of the chickens that used to roam freely throughout the yard at the farm. One or two would disappear for a while but eventually turn up followed by a cheeping hoard of little ones. When it got cold or wet, momma hen would cluck and shuffle to round up her charges. The little ones would huddle up under her. Her feathers and wings created a haven of warmth and security. I only knew they were under there because of the occasional peep and cheep.
  There's something about chickens I've always wondered about. When a hen lays an egg, she announces it as loudly as she can with a throat strangled, shrill, "Buck-CAW! Buck buck buck!" She keeps it up for a while in case you didn't hear her the first time. I don't think there's another creature who tells the world they've had a baby except people. Most of God's creatures keep birth a secret until that little one is strong enough to walk or run; strong enough to escape from danger.
  I know God is for me. Even when I talk about chickens.
  (Just so you know, I've been chuckling like a hen myself as I've been writing this.)

  God is for me.
  When an enemy circles like a fox or a crow, chickens get downright ferocious. They splay out their wings like a shield between the predator and their chicks. She has a different cluck that calls her little ones to get behind them. No matter how big the enemy is, a ten pound chicken becomes brave and strong and a force to be reckoned with when it comes to defending her babies.

  If God is for me, for us, who can stand against us?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...