Wednesday 6 September 2017

I am a Fragrance 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 by Susan L.

   "For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?" NKJV
  "Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this?" JCB

  I am a bit distracted this morning. Dreaming about home renovations and how to squeeze more space into my tiny kitchen. Ideas, solutions, thinking about what would work, what wouldn't, scrapping a plan then coming up with another. Dreams of a mud room off the back door and possibly a garage for the car and the snow blower I'll need one day when the shovelling gets too hard. Dreams of a renovated bathroom. Dreams...it feels good to simply hope that one day these dreams will be fulfilled.
  The reality is a new furnace would come first before anything else. I could repaint my bedroom for a whole lot less of an investment. It's looking a little tired.
  Now, what colour? Hmmm...
  Or maybe this ties in after all. If Jesus is the corner stone, hope is the mortar of faith.
  When the woman who led me to the Lord first came to the farm to train my young mare, there was something about her, something good that drew me like a bee to a bloom. It had been a "chance" conversation at the local corner store which led me to hire her, a horse whisperer. Those few exchanged words with the store owner would eventually lead to my salvation.
  This lovely woman with a passion for horses had an aura of life and light that made her absolutely beautiful despite barn boots and work clothes. The fragrance of Jesus followed her everywhere. She wore hope like a mantle: the hope that there is something good and wonderful in this world. When she left for home, the shadows moved back in. Depression cruelly snickered and settled in for the rest of the day. I couldn't wait for her to come back and do another training session. I was starving for hope and goodness and joy and peace and acceptance.
  She didn't preach at me. She didn't try and "win me over to the Christian way". She didn't have to. I wanted what she had only I didn't know quite what that was.
  God honoured the unspoken prayer of my heart. For that I am ever grateful because now I can pray, I can ask, that I carry the sweet fragrance that is the hope of Jesus to those who don't know Him. This I do in Jesus' name. AMEN!
  Oh, and about the furnace...lead me to the best deal and an honest tradesman. In Jesus' name. Amen again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...