Friday 8 September 2017

I am Free John 8:36 by Susan L.

  "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." NKJV
  "So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free." JCB

  Jesus says earlier in the chapter in verse 31-32, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."
  How do I discern truth?
  More importantly, what is truth? Google defines it as the quality or state of being true. That's not a whole lot of help is it?
  Two people who attended a social engagement are interviewed the next day. Both of them had very different descriptions. For one it was a great time. For the other, not so much. Which is true? Was it a great party or not?
  Is truth subject to perspective? How I remember something is my truth based on the experiences and events that shaped my world view. This doesn't make it wrong...Hmmm...the wrongness only reveals itself based on my responses or choices. If I choose to hurt others because I have been hurt, that's where the wrong comes in.

  Sometimes living on my own can be lonely. I've felt it especially so in these last few weeks of chaos and intense, roller coaster emotions. When these big, life questions come up, Pumpkin doesn't have much to say except for the demand, "Love me. NOW! Prrrrrrrrr!"
  There's something to be said for simplicity and living in the moment.
 
  How does this all tie in together?
  My walk with Jesus has been an epic quest in pursuit of truth, of finding out how He sees the events of my life. He's peeled me like an onion, layer after layer. Which, by the way, if you've ever peeled an onion, there's tears involved. Every layer was tenderly wrapped in grace and forgiveness. As mentioned before, experiences and events shaped my world view. It is a world view, not a Jesus view.
  The truth of Jesus has its foundation in love.
  "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
  Without love, there is no truth. Without truth, there is no freedom.
  Thank You, Lord, that I am being set free.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...