Friday 29 September 2017

I am Guaranteed, Ephesians 1:13-14 by Susan L.

  "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." NKJV
  "And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him." JCB

  Haven't I already written about guarantees? It rings a bell but finding out where and when it was written has eluded me because this scripture doesn't appear on the affirmation list until today. It must have been an addition to a previous post.
  In reading the passages, one word stood out.
  What does God's inheritance look like? As a guaranteed heir, to believe is to receive.
  It's so simple. Unlike an earthly inheritance, there are no hoops to jump through, no proof of identity, no will (except God's will), no lawyers, no probate period or taxes to be paid on the estate.
  It's a good thing. God's estate is huge covering every single atom of creation both seen and unseen!
  I don't think I'll ever be able to wrap my head around just how big it is because it also surpasses time and the restrictions of a mortal world. A mortal world is all I know.
   Oops, that's not entirely true. I stand witness to the ability of the Holy Spirit to guide not only my path, but the paths of others as well.
  I was at an outdoor/barn wedding last Saturday. It was lovely to see the joy on the couple's faces, to  witness to their love for each other.
  There was a large crowd of about two hundred guests. By the time the dancing started, I was starting to feel terribly overwhelmed from being in such a busy environment. While I tried to take part in the barn dance, having the visual stimulation of so many people swirling and whirling was too much. Stepping outside to collect myself, I knew it was time to go.
  Not wanting to end up having a panic attack and not wanting to simply slip away without taking leave of the bride and groom I turned back to the crowd, the noise and the music. As I came up to the steps leading back into the barn, the bride and groom were just coming out of the door...God is good. He spared me from having to go back in.
  So maybe that's what it's all about. Our inheritance is the overflowing love of our heavenly Father that wraps itself around every single aspect of our existence. Guaranteed.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...