Tuesday 3 October 2017

I am the Head, Deuteronomy 28:13 by Susan L.

  "And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, Which I command you today, and are careful to observe them." NKJV
  "If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom." JCB

  Jesus commands, "Love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12
  His Great Commandment encompasses all the laws given to God's chosen people.
  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jesus turned the ten commandments given to the Israelites into the ten promises meant for all God's children. Love takes religious obedience out of the picture because allowing love to shape our behaviours and choices means we rise above the darkness in this ole world. No rules necessary. This isn't simply about doing no harm, it's about bringing life and light and hope in all that we do, to everyone we have contact with in our daily lives.
  I'm not very good at it.

  There was a long pause after that last sentence.

  Perhaps that was a bit harsh. (Smile.) I'm not always good at it. Emotions, environment and experiences tend to interfere with my ability to love others as Jesus loves me. I don't think I'm alone here.
  How do I change tail mentality into head mentality? How do I lose the idea that loving others means I have to be a doormat? How do I embrace a love that doesn't come with conditions? How do I think outside the box?
  I can't. At least, on my own.
  Lord, I lift this up to You. I am feeling rather sad about it all, that I could be better than I am. But then, I have to give thanks because I've come a long way already. Help me go further into love living than I ever thought possible. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...