Wednesday 4 October 2017

I am Healed, 1 Peter 2:24 by Susan L.

  "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed." NKJV
  "He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed." JCB

  It was a successful day yesterday. A dump run followed by donating various items to Habitat for Humanity's Re-Store and The Clothesline, a local charity second hand store. It felt good to get the garbage bags filled with worn clothing and items not fit for re-sale out of the kitchen. It felt good to get the boxes filled with extra tools and household items out of the kitchen, too. It's more or less the last of my uncle's belongings put in a place where they can bless someone who needs them.
  I then stopped at a framing place to have the watercolour painting hanging above the bed re-framed because the matts had discoloured over the years. It's one of the few things I've kept from my uncle's house because I've always liked the painting.
Image may contain: indoor  Some of the donations were things of my own. Years ago I'd made a mirror from an old window that still had all the original brass hardware. It's been hung in various places throughout the house but part of the purging that's been going on has been to get rid of reminders of the past. It was a reminder just like the gouges on my bedroom furniture had been a reminder.
  The furniture, now painted, looks brand new.
  It had been damaged by carelessness and utter disregard. The ravages of time had added additional scratches and nicks. It took wood filler and careful sanding to heal it. Pine is a soft wood that marks easily.
  This is a redemption story isn't it? A Jesus story.
  It has me thinking of when He came back. He bore the marks of the nails in His hands and the spear wound in His side proving to the disciples it was He. There's no mention in scriptures of any evidence of the scourging He received or the wounds from the crown of thorns. The marks of sin on innocent flesh were wiped away.

  The ole gray matter is spinning.
  I am hovering around some sort of conclusion but don't know where to begin.
  What I can do is give thanks for the healing that has taken place in my life. I can give double thanks for my Saviour who made it possible.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...