Saturday 28 October 2017

I am Indestructable, John 6:51 by Susan L.

  Jesus says, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world." NKJV
  "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh." JCB

  It's a bit of a challenge to figure out how this affirmation is derived from this particular scripture so I don't even know where to begin...
  I don't know how eternal life can be connected with indestructability.
  Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way...
  My soul is eternal. It will not die. It will be in heaven with my Lord and Saviour when this earthly, annoying, betraying body is needed no longer. I think I get a new body when I die, too. (Something else to look forward to!)

  Our spirits can be broken. Our bodies and minds, too. Yet, no matter what the world throws our way, our souls, the fabric of our God ordained identity, remains true.
  The world may distort that truth but, as a follower of Jesus, God's truth will reveal itself every time.
  If I let Him show me.
  If I believe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...