Thursday 9 November 2017

#150, A Milestone by Susan L.

  I am in a Kingdom of priests. Revelation 1:5-6

  "To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings ad priests to His God and Father, to Him be the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." NKJV
  "All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." JCB

  Today's post is the halfway point in this journey of exploring God's word and finding the personal connection. There's marching bands playing in my head, ticker-tape floating through the air while fireworks explode across the sky...screeeech!!!
  Thank You, Lord! For inspiring me, challenging me, teaching me and growing me along the way to this point.
 
  I've been thinking about honour a lot; thinking about how to incorporate and live with an attitude of honouring God no matter where I am or what I am doing. Even if my eyes are watering and my nose is running from a cold that decided to move in a couple days ago.
  How can I share God's love in a work environment that is politically correct? It is no secret I am a Christian but there are restraints on what I can talk about. Although, the Lord has provided many opportunities for me to share more that I thought possible. Thank You, Lord, that I've been able to be open according to Your plans and that people have witnessed the wonderful work You have done and are doing in my life.
  Make no mistake about it. If people know you are a follower of Jesus, they are watching.
  How do I emulate Jesus in the huge, Saturday lineup at the grocery store check out? The post office? The pharmacy? A restaurant?
  It's a tall order to set aside my own agenda, the dreaded "to-do" list, but kindness takes no time at all. Compassion doesn't eat away at the clock. Patience...well...it might take a moment longer. It's a good thing those precious seconds can be filled with grace.
  The woman who waited for me in downtown Hamilton has had a profound effect. She set aside her own agenda to guide me to the highway. When she pulled over to wait for me when I got stuck at a red light...it was special and amazing. What did it take in the grand scheme of things? Maybe she was late for an appointment or dinner. Maybe she was late picking up her children from the babysitter. It didn't matter. What mattered was helping a complete stranger who was lost in unfamiliar streets.
  Lord, to be Your priest is a high calling. Let me rise to the occasion. Let the image, attitudes and behaviours in my life be as You would be. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
  As for today's milestone? My heart is doing a little happy dance!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...