Friday 24 November 2017

Affirmation #159 by Susan L.

  I have life abundant. 1 John 4:9, John 10:10
  "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him." NKJV
  "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him." JCB

  "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." NKJV
  "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My (Jesus) purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." JCB

  This begs the question and it's a biggie...What is life?
  My heart thump-thumping sends the blood rushing through my veins. There's air going in and out of my lungs. Ergo, I am alive. (Yay!)
  This same heart leaps for joy and aches in sorrow. Ergo, I am alive.
  I am watching squirrels chase each across the front lawn. The deliciously rich aroma of a morning coffee fills my nostrils. The smooth laptop keys wait beneath my fingers for the next word. I sense these things without really thinking about them. Ergo, I am alive.
  I forget what applying human characteristics to inanimate objects is called. The laptop keys aren't really waiting because they have no sense of time or self. They are not alive even though they keep putting in typos whenever I write anything.
  That's part of being alive as well: an awareness of self...Hmmm, many of God's creations are alive yet lack this awareness. Like a tree.
  Being alive means I will know death at some unforeseen point in the future.
  Yet, because of Jesus, that death is transformative. My soul will go on to a better place.
 
  There have been many days when I wished for my life on this planet to be over. When the anxiety gets really bad and I am exhausted, it's hard to face another day knowing the anxiety will be waiting.
  I know I am not alone in this struggle.
 
  I think an abundant life is one rich in experiences. Some of them I'd like to have not experienced but I cannot know grace without first knowing condemnation. I cannot know love without first knowing hate. I cannot forgive another without having my own sins forgiven.
  Thank You, Jesus, for having redeemed everything I've gone through. Thank You for teaching me what joy there is in life.

  I feel led to reach out to my readers. This can be a hard time for many as the days grow shorter and we head into the Christmas holidays. If you or someone you love is having thoughts of suicide, please reach out for help. Life can be hard sometimes. We were never meant to struggle on alone.
  I can hold onto hope for you because Jesus brought me to the shores of the Black River time and again. He will do the same for you. If you let Him in.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...