Tuesday 7 November 2017

I am Justified. Acts 13:39

  "And by Him everyone who believed is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." NKJV
  "Everyone who believes in him (Jesus) is made right in God's sight--something the law of Moses could never do." JCB

  Justified: "just-as-if-I'd never sinned" is how our teaching pastor, Bruxy Cavey from the Meeting House, explains it.
  Jesus made it easy for us.
  He did all the work.
  As a follower of Jesus, I don't have to go to church. I don't have to pray. I don't have to give up anything.
  But, here's the key. Anything that becomes a "have to" comes from a legalistic approach to faith.
  Having the love of Christ embedded in my heart means I am a willing partner who wants to live according to His will. I want to live according to the love He so freely gave.

  I want to change.

  Hmmm. This begs the question, "Why do I think I need to change in the first place?"

  It would appear there is a judge and jury residing in my head constantly pointing out my shortcomings. (Forgive me, Lord, for being quick to judge others.)
  Lord, forgive me for listening to them, the legalists, the enemies of my soul, because You have deemed me worthy. In You, I have been reborn and justified before God.
  Everything we have gone through hasn't been because You needed it to "make me holy", it's been for me to find the freedom life with Jesus holds. For all who believe.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...