Wednesday 8 November 2017

I am Kept. Isaiah 38:17

  "Indeed it was for my own peace that I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back." NKJV
  "Yes, this anguish was good for me, for you have rescued me from death and forgiven all my sins." JCB

  I am running a bit short on time this morning but still wanted to take a few moments to explore today's affirmation. Part of it is because a major milestone in the affirmation list is approaching and I want to get to it ASAP! How human of me!

  Hezekiah's poem has another verse that struck a cord with me.
 "But what could I say? For he himself (God) sent this sickness. Now I will walk humbly throughout my years because of this anguish I have felt." Isaiah 38:15

  I have to ponder on the idea of God sending anything that would harm His children because, as a follower of Jesus, the New Testament is full of teachings about the love of a God who is definitely not the author of the evil in this world. Somehow the two don't seem to go together... I think that could be an entire post on its own.
  Or maybe it's a contrast in attitude. Much of the Old Testament makes reference to the wrath of God, His judgement and so forth. But if I read these passages as a foreshadowing of Christ's coming it provides a different perspective...isn't hindsight wonderful?
  Hezekiah is humbled because God freed him from his anguish, the death bed he prayed to be delivered from.
  I am humbled because God did the same for me only my death bed was a life without Jesus.

  Is there such thing as a life bed? (Smile.)

  Silly question. Or is it? If I choose to rest securely in the arms of my Lord, trusting Him, honouring Him, wanting to do things that are pleasing to Him, aren't I living in a life bed? Or maybe it's more of a life boat. Either way, it's a sanctuary. It's a place of peace and rest.
  For that I am eternally grateful.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...