Tuesday 21 November 2017

Riches by Susan L.

  I am lavished with riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7-8
  "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence." NKJV
  "He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." JCB

  I was away spending much needed time with family. Now time is needed to recoup from the (to me) chaotic couple of days.
  Sometimes I feel inadequate to the task of being a gramma. Noise is hard to cope with. Busy is hard to cope with.  At one point during a drive between events, I had to pull my hat down over my eyes to eliminate the added visual stimulation of flashing car and street lights that were fueling an anxiety attack.
  It makes me sad that this sort of thing happens because it overwhelms the joy and pleasure of being with them.
  Or is it wisdom to realize I only do what I can do?
  And what I can do is sufficient.
  This time I was able to share what was going on with my son.
 
  Sunday afternoon was less hectic. My granddaughter and I got into the Lego for several hours while my grandson was away at a birthday party. We built a purple, yellow and green Unicorn Land castle with a moving drawbridge, ramparts, and watch towers. We added rather square looking, fire breathing, dragons to the scene and even built unicorns from different blocks.
  While she played with our creation and built her own additions, I got completely lost for a while building a spaceship. Lego is awesome!
 
  I have no idea how all this ties into today's affirmation.
  I do have a prayer, though. It's for a dad who was at the rink.  He was screaming commands from the side at his barely teenaged son on the ice. At one point, the dad was so disgusted with his son's performance, he cursed his inadequacy using profanity not fit for children's ears.
  I want to lift the pair up to You, Lord. I pray that Your kindness touches their hearts. I pray they come to know You and the value You hold for both of them on and off the ice. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...