Monday 18 December 2017

1 Corinthians 2:16 by Susan L.

  I have the mind of Christ.
  "For 'who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?' But we have the mind of Christ." NKJV
  "For, 'Who can know the Lord's thoughts? Who knows enough to teach Him?' But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ." JCB

  I am going to include 1 Corinthians 2:9 because it has grabbed my attention in light of what has been happening.
  "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him." JCB
 
  I need a re-set. I need to regroup and refocus.
  I need to turn my eyes to the Lord to help me get out of this bad place. Or better yet, I need to connect with Him while I am in the thick of it and hear His take about what's going on and why.

  Depression is the oppression of light and laughter and simple joy. It drives me away from being connected with other people. It drives me away from being able to celebrate the wonders of the Christmas season. It squashes the desire to be part of any celebrations and makes being there an unbearably heavy chore. It impacts my ability to fall asleep even with meds. When I am awake, it's like wading through neck deep, thick and sticky mud to accomplish anything.
  It makes me vulnerable to triggers. Those things that set off an unwanted avalanche of bad memories and bad experiences which in turn adds to the depression. Which makes me vulnerable to being triggered. It's an ugly cycle.
  The amount of energy needed to do anything creates anxiety which adds a few extra inches to the thick and sticky mud...

  Okay. I lift this to You, my Lord, because in writing an honest assessment about what's happening, it's being held up to the Light.
  Perhaps part of the future Jesus has in store for me is that I'll finally get it and not wait so long next time to have a heart to heart with Him!

  Imagine what the Lord might have in store for tomorrow to open the floodgates of hope. Then believe that whatever it is will be a gazillion times more wonderful than anything little ole me could ever imagine.
  Give thanks for the experiences which enable me to find compassion and connection with others who struggle.
  Ask the Lord where there is un-forgiveness in my heart, where the past still has a hold over me.
  Let go of what needs letting go. Let in His grace, patience and kindness.
  Worship Him and love Him regardless of what the future might have in store.
  But most of all, rest in the assurance that He's brought me out of darker places before. Each time I've been blessed with a deeper understanding of who He is.
  And a thought just came through loud and clear, "Give myself permission to be happy." Hmmm, there's some prayer work to be done around that. Why do I need to give myself permission in the first place? (Thank You, Holy Spirit for the insight.)

  Lord, let me emulate You in all things.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...