Monday 4 December 2017

I am the Lord's. Isaiah 44:5 by Susan L.

  "One will say, 'I am the Lord's'; Another will call himself by the name of Jacob; Another will write with his hand, 'The Lord's,' and name himself by the name of Israel." NKJV
  "Some will proudly claim, 'I belong to the Lord.' Others will say, 'I am a descendant of Jacob.' Some will write the Lord's name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own." JCB

  Following yesterday's post there was a cascade of response to my prayer about the stones that were weighing me down. I was led to delete some games from my phone that have eaten up far too many hours in the day. There are other places of separation, too. Like too much TV.
  Modern idolatry can be towards things like techno gadgets, or beating the next level, or watching an entire series in a TV marathon.
  Or food.
  Or the cross-stitch that has to be completed NOW!
  I've gone a little over the top in my passion to get it finished and have let other things slide. Or maybe that's just me being me and how I pursue the various interests that captivate creativity. It usually is in spurts that last until the next thing comes along that takes me down a different road...

  Except this: my morning grounding in scriptures.
 
  There was a long pause of reflection as I weighed the difference between delving into God's Word vs. being entertained by the ways of the world. How come I turn to the world when the world and the answers to life's great questions are at my fingertips?

  Because it's easier. It's easier to plug into my phone and mindlessly swap coloured tiles. It's easier because every win gives a burst of pleasure. It's easier because I don't have to think.
  It's easier because I am not challenged and encouraged to make changes in how I live or think.

  Lord, forgive me.
 
  Even though yesterday and today have been days of repentance and surrendering, I am also encouraged as the Lord revealed how spiritual sacrifices are a natural extension of faith. Gratitude may have started out being totally sacrificial (at times it still is) but has evolved into being part of my daily prayer language.

  I am the Lord's.
  He is mine.
  In the end, that's all that matters.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...