Saturday 9 December 2017

I Am Made By Him. Psalm 100:3 by Susan L.

  "Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture." NKJV
  "Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture." JCB

  This little lamb had a rough night last night. The wee hours of the morning greeted me as I tossed back and forth, trying to find a comfortable position. I thought I'd taken my meds but wasn't sure if I'd forgotten. Double dosing isn't a good idea either. It's safer to miss altogether. Or maybe it was just one of those nights. It happens.
  The mental hamsters kept running circles. It was a busy week. It's going to be a busy weekend followed by a busy week.
  Some of it's my own doing.
  It's the season for making chocolate truffles for Christmas gifts although I did cut back on the quantity.
  Inspired by watching "The Great Christmas Cookie Challenge" I decided to do a bit of baking. It's something I haven't done in years. My gingerbread men and women look nothing like what's on TV! These and sugar cookie snow men look like something Salvador Dali might make.
  And jam. It came first actually because the black currants harvested from my bushes in the back yard were using up valuable freezer space.
  And marmalade. Because I wanted to try and make some. It has enough pucker to make your back teeth hurt but boy, is it yummy!
  And grape jelly. Since all the canning stuff was already out, why not? I used Welches Grape juice so it was easy as anything. No fruit preparation involved.
  I've two Christmas parties coming up where we are to bring a home-made gift. I thought I'd whip up a couple pair of mittens in the midst of all of this. I managed one pair (thankful to sit down for a bit)but they are too small. I'd forgotten what size needle was used last year and hadn't made note of it in my pattern book. Oh well. The flurry of kitchen activity has provided enough.
  Toss in a couple busy days at work and whew! It's no wonder my anxiety was through the roof last night!

  In light of today's Scripture, I am left thinking about the cookies and how every single one turned out differently. A cookie cutter doesn't mean uniformity. The tricky heat in my oven. An inexperienced hand trying to run a tiny bead of icing around the tiny figures. Some cookies are thick, some thinner, and some too thin and overbrowned. (It has been a long time since I baked!) 
  Those were tasted as part of extremely important quality control.
  My intent was to make perfect cookies but it would seem the world got in the way.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...