Saturday 16 December 2017

I Am Mighty In God. Luke 10:19 by Susan L.

  "Behold, I (Jesus) give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." NKJV
  "Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you." JCB

  At my last psychiatrist appointment, the good doctor asked me to think about resiliency. The thinking hasn't happened yet but today's scripture seems to lead into that concept.
  Resiliency is overcoming. It is bending before the wind without breaking. Resiliency is rising above and beyond the things that are determined to undermine our faith, our hopes for the future, and the utter delight being a follower of Jesus gives to life.
 
  If only it were that easy.
  It's been a rough week for me. The disappearance of Pumpkin has left me very depressed and nowhere near feeling mighty in God. Packing up his stuff like the cat bed and food server was hard. I'll keep the food for a bit, just in case he turns up. (Maybe there is some hope after all.)
  Is part of resiliency being able to overcome feelings of guilt?
  Is part of resiliency learning to accept the fact that I may never know what happened to him? All I can ask is that he isn't suffering; that he didn't suffer in the unseasonably, bitterly cold temperatures that rolled in this week.
  The logical part of my brain knows accidents happen. It knows that he was getting harder to contain in the house after his brief foray outside a couple of months ago. It knows that it is unfortunate that the weather turned so nasty.
  My heart is a whole other ball game.
 
  Lord, help me make peace with this. Protect me against the fiery darts of the enemy that are stealing the joy of the Christmas season.
  Let me, as Luke 10:20 says, "Rejoice because your names are registered in heaven." All because You came to earth and made it possible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...