Wednesday 6 December 2017

More Love by Susan L.

  I am loved constantly, unconditionally. Isaiah 43:4
  "Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honoured, and I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you." NKJV
  "Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honoured, and I love you." JCB

  I am thankful for the person who compiled the list. It's been an amazing, challenging and fruitful journey so far in exploring these affirmations.
  This is a chapter I've read many times when things were difficult. God's words to Jacob, to Israel, in Isaiah 43:2 spoke directly to my heart.
  "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown." This Scripture was the birthplace of my blog title.

  Constant love is like that. Fair weather or foul, unshakeable, unfaltering love remains.
  Well, that's a surprising statement! And perhaps the beginning of an answer to yesterday's prayer.

  The love of God is sustaining and an inpouring fountain of strength.
  It isn't just the touchy-feely, mushy stuff although Mary was encouraged to rest at her Lord's feet as He taught His message of peace and salvation. This is part of the story about Martha and Mary. One of my favorites.
  So love is a place of rest and renewal.
  But it also means love teaches and encourages. It guides and molds our hearts and behaviours. Love does it so kindly, with such grace, that I want to grow into a better person.
  Love means it's okay to be who I am right in this moment in time.

  The love of God, His glory, personified is Jesus.
 
  Isaiah 43:13 goes on to say, "From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done."
   The love of God is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...