Monday 11 December 2017

Wonder Psalms by Susan L.

  I am a magnifier of God. Psalm 69:30
  "I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving." NKJV
  "Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honour him with thanksgiving." JCB

  The verse before this one is more appropriate for the day:
  "I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power."

  The last glimpse I had of my cat, Pumpkin, was him scurrying away when I pulled into the driveway late Saturday night. The car scared him away.
  He must have gotten outside at some point before I left unbeknownst to me. I haven't seen him since. There are no paw prints in the fresh snow around the side door. It's minus 10 this morning. He's never been outside except for one brief escape a couple of weeks ago.
  I've searched the neighbourhood, calling for him. I've questioned the neighbours, wondering if they'd seen him. There's 1000 acres of bush across the road. There's a gazillion hiding spots in the closed-for-the-season trailer park behind me. Even if he answered my calls, he has a tiny, squeaky voice that would be next to impossible to hear unless I was right on top of it.
  I'll head out again this morning to have another look.
  If he doesn't turn up, this will be the last pet I'll ever own. If he does turn up, this will be the last pet I'll ever own because it's so hard when something like this happens.
  Lord, if he is trapped somewhere, guide me to him. If he is lost, let him find his way home. If he is far away, let some kind soul take him in. If he is in the area, let him hear my voice. Let me hear his voice. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...