Saturday 6 January 2018

Affirmation #189

  I have not been given a spirit of fear. 2 Timothy 1:7
 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." NKJV
 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline." JCB

  Who is the one making sure fear remains in our lives then?
   It's the tempter, the dark whisperer, the one with a quiver full of fiery darts who gleefully sets out to confuse us by twisting God's Truth. He strives to keep us apart from the Lover of our souls by driving a wedge between our Saviour and us.
  His weapons are shame, blame, judgement, contempt, cruelty...
  Where he lays waste, God builds up. Where he condemns, God calls to life. Where he belittles, God welcomes us as little children.

  Where he is hate, God is perfect love. No strings attached.
 
  Lord, You know where fear still has a hold of me. You know my worries, my self-doubt. You know my regrets and sorrows. You know my struggles with depression and PTSD, how they shape my choices and behaviours. Which is basically saying You know where fear shapes my choices and behaviours.
  Forgive me for being afraid. I'm tired of it. I am tired of the everyday fight to do everyday things. Let my heart be filled with courage. Let me be bold and brave. Let me turn away from the things which are holding me back from the surety and confidence living in and through Your love will bring. In Jesus' name I pray.
  Thank You, Lord, for Your Son, the Bringer of Life.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...